Senior Director of Philanthropic Initiatives (Chicago)
As our Senior Director of Philanthropic Initiatives, you are responsible for all of our vital revenue streams, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. You plan and organize fundraising activities, and manage the development budget. You’ll be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects and persevere to the end.
As our Senior Director, you'll get to...
• Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
• Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan with the goal of raising $400K annually in unrestricted, major donor gifts as well as ensuring healthy funding streams to meet or exceed annual budget.
• Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
• Report on program progress to senior management and the board
• Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
As our organizer of development strategy, you'll get to...
• Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors
• Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
• Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
• Administer signature fundraising events
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations
• Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts
• Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them
• Be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects.
• Manage existing portfolio of 150 donors and prospects
• Create and implement moves management plans
• Track and report progress using specific metrics
• You are an enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal, with experience working cross-culturally.
• You’re a true people person with an outgoing nature. You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
• You know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions.
• You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
• You actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
• You have at least 6-8 years of experience in nonprofit development.
• You make donors feel valued because you’re sensitive to their needs.
• You can make and keep friends. You establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
• People are inspired by your determination. You bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to reach goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume or CV, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 references to Alisa@heshimakenya.org. No calls, please.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: